Haringey Over 50s Forum purpose is to give older people a voice and to ensure that all their concerns are put and kept before the decision makers.
Our aims are:-
• To promote and involve ourselves with policies that benefit older people.
• To make sure Haringey Council and other public service bodies (e.g. NHS, TfL, GLA, the police) recognise and understands the needs of older people in the Borough.
For more information and how to join, see our web site; http://www.ho50s.org.uk
Committee members maintain liaison with the Haringey Circle and several other Haringey and London-wide organisations, often through overlapping committee memberships, including:
- Older People’s Reference Group,
- Adult Partnership Board,
- Other Haringey pensioners’ groups,
- Social Care Alliance Haringey,
- Public Voice,
- Keep our NHS Public,
- Borough Transport Committee,
- Transport for All,
- Greater London Forum.
Members receive a newsletter every 6-8 weeks and small groups are now meeting in (mainly outdoor) cafes from time to time.
Currently, because of the COVID situation, meetings are held about once a month on Zoom. Any member can join in as well as committee members.
Formerly the Forum used to run monthly coffee mornings at the Morrisons café in Wood Green, occasional public meetings on topics of interest to older people, and a monthly cinema club. It is now expected that the Circle will take on leisure activities like the cinema club as soon as they can happen within COVID-safety regulations. Other face to face Forum meetings will also resume as soon as possible.