- The campaign to save Osborne Grove has been successful.
- One of those involved in saving the nursing home was the Chair of the HO50s, Gordon Peters.
- The Council has approved feasibility studies to see what will happen next.
- The home will either be demolished and rebuilt to a 70-bed one or expanded to a 64 bed home. Good news for the Borough.
‘Haringey Development Vehicle’
- On Tuesday, July 17, Haringey’s cabinet decided not to proceed with the Haringey Development Vehicle.
- Leader Cllr Joseph Ejiofor said: “The preference of this administration, as stated in our manifesto, is to build council homes on our own land.
- We firmly believe that what is currently public land should remain in public ownership.
- We are committed to building new, affordable homes over the next four years – including the delivery of 1,000 new council homes – and we start from the principle the council should be delivering those homes itself.”
‘BuddyHub: Friendship club’
- BuddyHub is a club that creates a new social circle for older people who are feeling lonely or isolated.
- BuddyHub carefully matches one Senior member with up to three Buddies living within a 30-minute walk
- and who share some interests.
- Because of its personalised, fun and flexible approach, members can develop meaningful
friendships, enriching the lives of all involved.
- Here are two different ways you can get involved:
Become a BuddyHub Buddy:
Want to do some good in your community in just one hour? Become a Buddy!
- Buddies aged 50 or up make particularly good Buddies and BuddyHub’s fun and flexible model is proving really popular.
- You will help form a new social circle for a lonely
- Senior person along with two other Buddies.
- Together, you choose what to do and when to meet up, either one to one or as a group.
- This is an opportunity to open someone’s world and brighten yours too.
Become a BuddyHub Senior Member:
Fancy some good company and conversation?
- BuddyHub creates a personalised circle of new friends based on your interest and passions just for you.
- You will be matched with up to three like-minded Buddies who live close to you.
- Together you decide when to meet and what to do, either one to one or as a group. Your Buddies will enrich your life with regular company and occasions to look forward to.
- This will boost your wellbeing and make you rediscover a sense of purpose.
- At BuddyHub everyone looks out for each other so everyone feels supported and valued. That’s what it’s all about: making friends and enjoying each other’s company!
Interested in becoming a Buddy or a Senior?
Register online: https://buddyhub.co.uk
Call: 0203 642 6871 or 0771 411 8916