‘Positive Ageing in London’ conference
Monday, October 22nd; ‘Positive Ageing in London’ conference, 10.30 – 16.00
- Emma Cons Hall, Morley College, 61 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7HT (near Lambeth North tube)
- This free conference will focus on wellbeing in later life – staying happy and healthy amid concerns about health and social care provision.
- The programme reflects the most vital factors that are known to contribute to wellbeing for older people – such as social participation, maintaining thinking skills, and physical activity.
- Another important aspect of the day will be to agree recommendations for wellbeing that include critiques of current health and social care.
- Sessions will cover understanding your risk of dementia, the role of social media for older people, and discussions about how to improve wellbeing for older Londoners, amongst other topics.