Dear Haringey Over 50s Forum Members and Supporters,
- We took our concerns about transport to Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West.
- She said that she had raised delays and discrimination towards individuals with mobility issues on buses with TfL and they would look into it.
- But they said their operating practice did not countenance any discrimination of this kind
‘Morrisons Monthly Chatter’
- The refurbishment of the Morrisons café took a while but we are pleased to announce there will be another ‘monthly chatter’ on Thursday 18 October from 10.30 to 12.30.
- Come along to the café in the covered approach to the Morrisons’ store in Wood Green High Road, for a morning coffee/tea and an important opportunity to raise and discuss issues of concern to local older people.
- We’ll be feeding back what happened after the last meeting when your committee took up some concerns with the Council and the NHS.
Café Connect; Coffee and maybe gardening
We met on a sadly very wet day in August at this lovely community run cafe in Down Lanes Park, between Ashley Road and Park View Road N17.
Despite the weather we had a good talk about gardening and several other things, and saw the potential of this beautiful space with its garden, conservatory, and café/meeting room.
We ended up staying longer than expected and had a delicious lunch of Turkish-style stews, rice and salad for £5. (Your treasurer adds; I took mine home in a box because I wasn’t hungry and the large portion lasted me two suppers!).
- We’ll meet there again on Thursday, October 11th 11.30 to 1pm.
- There will be an opportunity to do a bit of weeding or planting out in the garden for those who wish, and we could bring plants and seeds to offer the café or to each other – all optional.