‘Morrisons Monthly Chatter’
- More than 20 people attended the first Morrisons Monthly Chatter in Wood Green on Thursday, June 21.
- Over coffee in the supermarket café, concerns were raised about the suspension of several doctors from a Bounds Green practice, and the need for an older people’s discount on garden waste charges.
- We undertook to raise these issues with the Council. Parking permits and the rules for mobility scooters on footpaths were also discussed. It was a lively discussion and most thought it was worthwhile.
- Morrisons was very welcoming and promised some freebie refreshments for next time. Morrisons Monthly Chatter will start up again after the refurbishment is completed, hopefully in September.
‘Café Connect Coffee Morning’ Thursday, August 16
- Cafe Connect is a new non-commercial, community run cafe in Down Lanes Park, between Ashley Road and Park View Road N17.
- Based in the clubhouse of a former bowling green, it has a superb garden with a mini-theatre stage, large conservatory for sunning in and some nice seats under the trees for when it’s hot.
- The cafe does really interesting fresh juices and lunchtime snacks,currently staffed by volunteers and trainees and open 11am to 4pm every day.
- We will have a ‘Coffee Morning’ there from 11.30 to 1pm on Thursday, August 16 and invite you all to sample the fare and the facilities.
- This would be a great site for a seniors’ gardening club as they have people to give advice and tips and there are opportunities for volunteers to sow, pot and repot in the conservatory, and harvest herbs and salad which are grown for the cafe in raised beds that are easy to work.
- Anyone for getting a bit potty?
‘Quiz Afternoon’ Thursday, Sept 16
- Join us on at the beautiful Salisbury for a quiz afternoon on Thursday Sept 16 from 4pm to 7pm.
- Up for grabs will be three tickets to The Gingerbread Man, Jackson Lane’s Christmas Family Show.
- Come and join us for an afternoon of fun and frolics.
- A grand old pub opened in 1899, the Salisbury is at 1 Grand Parade, Green Lanes, Harringay, N4 1JX.
- Buses 29, 141 and 341 stop nearby.
- The architectural historian Mark Girouard describes the pub as a ‘magnificently elaborate and complete interior.
Morrisons Wood Green ‘Quiet Time ’ shopping
- Morrisons Supermarkets throughout the country have introduced ‘Quiet Time’ shopping hour.
- The Wood Green store has put aside from 9am to 10am every Saturday morning to shop in peace and quiet.
- There will be fewer, possibly no, announcements during that hour and no music playing. Happy shopping.