Monday, October 1st – HO50s Committee Meeting
- Time: 2pm to 4pm
- Venue: Chestnuts Community Centre, 280 St Ann’s Rd, West Green, London, N15 5BN
- Please drop in. We’re always looking for new people to join the committee.
Tuesday October 9 – ‘People’s Day’
- 1 to 4pm at Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, Philip Lane
- Organised by Tottenham Pensioners Action Group
- Stalls, food, and speakers.
Wednesday, October 17 – Hornsey Pensioners Action Group
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm at Hornsey Parish Church Hall, Cranley Gardens, N10 3AH Entrance on Cranley Gardens through car park.
- We await the government’s Social Care Green Paper.
- What can we do about social care locally?
- Cllr Peray Ahmet: Cabinet Member for Adults and Health, Haringey Council
- Gordon Peters : Older Peoples Reference Group, Haringey over 50s Forum and Healthwatch.
- Doors open from 1pm. Buses W7, W3, 144
Thursday, October 11th 11.30 to 1pm.
Café Connect, Down Lane Park; Coffee and maybe gardening
- Coffee, tea, talk, gardening (optional) and you may be tempted to stay on for a good lunch.
- There will be an opportunity to do a bit of weeding or planting out in the garden for those who wish, and we could bring plants and seeds to offer the café or to each other – all optional.
Monday, October 22nd; ‘Positive Ageing in London’ conference, 10.30 – 16.00
- Emma Cons Hall, Morley College, 61 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7HT (near Lambeth North tube)
- This free conference will focus on wellbeing in later life – staying happy and healthy amid concerns about health and social care provision.
- The programme reflects the most vital factors that are known to contribute to wellbeing for older people – such as social participation, maintaining thinking skills, and physical activity.
- Another important aspect of the day will be to agree recommendations for wellbeing that include critiques of current health and social care.
- Sessions will cover understanding your risk of dementia, the role of social media for older people, and discussions about how to improve wellbeing for older Londoners, amongst other topics.
Thursday October 25, 11.45am to 2pm – Jackson’s Lane social lunch
At Jackson’s Lane Community Centre, 269a Archway Road, London N6 5AA
- Entertainment programme features West End singers Nigel Roche, Nicola Kimber and scenes from the Bolder Drama Group. Everything will have a Halloween theme.
- Cost is £5 per person. Vegetarian option available. Anyone with other dietary requirements please do get in touch with the venue to discuss.
- Booking desirable; contact email@example.com or phone 020 8347 2411. Wheelchair spaces must be booked in advance and discussed with Stuart over the phone. Due to space the venue can only accommodate 3 wheelchair spaces.